Easily check which versions of mac OS, iOS, iPadOS, or watchOS are compatible with your Mac model or iDevice. Guide includes OS X 10.8.x to macOS 11.0.x.
Mac OS operating system it’s too much popular in the world for security vise and a lot of cool features, Apple Upgrade the operating system Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.6 to add many more attractive helpful features to more improve the work and all bugs fixed now in this version, how to install and Download Mac OS Sierra DMG file direct link. Since releasing the final update to OS X Lion, Apple has released a number of major updates to their operating system. Lion was followed by the release of version 10.8, named Mountain Lion. Apple is now on version 10.13, called High Sierra, and now referes to their operating system as macOS instead of OS X. El Capitan Installer. Mac operating system’s twelfth major version is the El Capitan Installer (version 10.11). All the Mac computers which don’t have the privilege to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or the computers that need to upgrade to El Capitan first, can download this twelfth version on the computer.
macOS Big Sur elevates the most advanced desktop operating system in the world to a new level of power and beauty. Experience Mac to the fullest with a refined new design. Enjoy the biggest Safari update ever. Discover new features for Maps and Messages. And get even more transparency around your privacy.
macOS Big Sur is compatible with these computers:
MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
MacBook Air introduced in 2013 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in late 2013 or later
Mac mini introduced in 2014 or later
iMac introduced in 2014 or later
Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
View the complete list of compatible computers.
If upgrading from macOS Sierra or later, macOS Big Sur requires 35.5GB of available storage to upgrade. If upgrading from an earlier release, macOS Big Sur requires up to 44.5GB of available storage. To upgrade from OS X Mountain Lion, first upgrade to OS X El Capitan, then upgrade to macOS Big Sur.
Make a backup
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download macOS Big Sur
If you're using macOS Mojave or later, get macOS Big Sur via Software Update: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or use this link to open the macOS Big Sur page on the App Store: Get macOS Big Sur. Then click the Get button or iCloud download icon.
After downloading, the installer opens automatically.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both macOS and related updates to your Mac firmware.
Stay up to date
After installing macOS Big Sur, you will be notified when updates to macOS Big Sur are available. You can also use Software Update to check for updates: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Software Update.
Or get macOS Big Sur automatically
If you're using OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 or later and your App Store preferences or Software Update preferences are set to download new updates when available, macOS Big Sur will download conveniently in the background, making it even easier to upgrade. A notification will inform you when macOS Big Sur is ready to be installed. Click Install to get started, or dismiss the notification to install later. When you're ready to install, just open the file named Install macOS Big Sur from your Applications folder.
Upgrade Mac Os Lion To High Sierra
- If the installer shows a list of apps that are not optimized for your Mac, learn about 32-bit app compatibility, then choose whether to proceed with the installation.
- For the strongest security and latest features, upgrade to macOS Big Sur. If you have hardware or software that isn't compatible with Big Sur, you might be able to install an earlier macOS.
- You can also use macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS you're using now, upgrade to the latest compatible macOS, or install the macOS that came with your Mac.
Mac operating system’s twelfth major version is the El Capitan Installer (version 10.11). All the Mac computers which don’t have the privilege to upgrade to MacOS High Sierra or the computers that need to upgrade to El Capitan first, can download this twelfth version on the computer. This is the very last version of the Mac operating system which comes under the name OS X. And it is named as ‘El Capitan’ after the formation of a rock in the Yosemite National Park. El Capitan Installer is the post version to the Yosemite, and it was built by adding up more improvements to the Yosemite. In this version of the Mac operating system, the Apple Inc. has focused on the performance, stability, and security of the computer. Anyone who is interested can download it on the Mac PC.
You were only able to use macOS High Sierra operating system on Mac or any other version of Mac, but in this article, I will show how you can install this operating system on VMware Workstation Pro. And as you know that VMware workstation allows you to install multiple operating systems on one computer, whether that is Windows or Kali Linux or Ubuntu, and VMware Workstation is too much. Not only macOS High Sierra but you’ll also need a bootable USB drive to install new versions of macOS Mojave, macOS Catalina, and updated versions. A bootable flash drive is an external hard drive or optical disk that is created with a computer operating system and can be used to boot a desktop computer or laptop instead of the Windows. If you want to do a clean install of macOS Sierra, or you have multiple Macs to install it on, then a bootable flash drive for is your best bet for easy installation. Here’s how to make one. Install mac os sierra from usb. The Application Install macOS High Sierra will appear in /Applications. STEP 2: Create a Bootable USB Drive with UniBeast Take a deep breath and take your time- this is pretty simple, but it's easy to miss things if you rush. Step 4: Install macOS High Sierra The second item from the top of the macOS Utilities screen is “Install macOS”. Select this item by clicking on it, then click on Continue. In the installer screen, select “Macintosh HD” (or whatever your boot drive is actually named) as the disk for macOS High Sierra to be installed on.
How to download El Capitan Installer?
If you want to upgrade to OS X El Capitan, first you have to collect gather your Mac PC and then download the El Capitan Installer. That’s what we are going to do now.
- Go to the App Store and open the El Capitan page there.
- Then you must click on the ‘Download; button on the El Capitan Page.
- If your Mac PC is compatible to perform this upgrade, a file named ‘Install OS X El Capitan’ will download to your Applications folder.
- The installer will open automatically after finishing the download process. All you have to do next is click on the ‘Continue’ button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Upgrade Mac OS Version with El Capitan Installer while Protecting your Data
Before executing the Upgrade, you must prepare the Mac PC for the El Capitan Update. For that, gather these requirements first.
- The Mac PC must have at least 2GB of memory and 8.8GB of storage space.
- The PC must have at least 45% of battery life.
- Connect the Mac PC to Wi-Fi or any other internet connection.
- The Mac Apps must be up to date with the latest versions.
- Take backups of all your personal data and present OS of the Mac PC.
Important! It is very important to backup your important data on the Mac PC to an external storage device because it will help you to avoid the data loss issues. If any case, you forgot to backup the data, your data may be lost while executing the El Capitan Installer update. So make sure you make a backup of the device data.
How to use El Capitan Installer for a Clean Install?
01. El Capitan Clean Install on Empty Volume with El Capitan Installer
This is the easiest method for the clean install. Here, you can install the OS X El Capitan Installer onto an empty volume, or you can use a storage space that has the content which no longer needed and don’t mind removing. What it matters here is that you don’t use the current startup volume as the destination here. What makes this method easier is the fact that it is possible to perform this clean install while booted from the current startup drive. You don’t need a special, custom-made startup environment for the empty volume clean install. All you have to do is, start up the installer and go.
02. El Capitan Clean Install on Startup Volume with El Capitan Installer
This is the most common method of the two. Usually, the clean install process deletes the contents of the destination drive. Therefore, if you choose the startup drive method to perform the clean install of El Capitan Installer, you have to follow some extra steps as well.
- First, you have to create a bootable USB flash drive that has the Installer of OS X El Capitan.
- Then erase the startup drive.
- After then, start the clean install process.
How to Create El Capitan Installer with USB?
- The USB flash drive must be at least 8GB
- El Capitan Installer must be on the Mac PC’s Applications folder.
- Plug the USB drive into the Mac PC with the Installer of the El Capitan on it.
- Rename the USB driver using an easy to remember and use name. (For the ease of the steps ahead, I will rename it as ‘ElCaptIns’)
- Be sure that the Installer of the El Capitan named ‘Install OS X El Capitan.app’ is in its default location (Applications folder).
- Select and copy the text of the below-mentioned terminal command.
- Now you can launch the terminal in the Applications/Utilities/
- In this step, it deletes the data in the destination drive. So make sure it doesn’t contain any valuable data and paste the copied command into the terminal, then press ‘Return’.
- When the windows prompted, enter the admin level account password of yours and press to Return.
- Then a message telling “To continue we need to erase the disk at /Volumes/ElCaptIns. If you wish to continue, type (Y) then press return:” will emerge. You can type ‘Y’ and press to return to continue. You are already set if you don’t see this message.
sudo/Applications/InstallOSXElCapitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/ElCaptIns --applicationpath /Applications/Install OS X El Capitan.app
USB installer and El Capitan Installer in Apple Store
El Capitan Installer is only available in the Mac App Store. So you can only download it from the App Store. By the way, having a USB installer to perform the El Capitan is a good idea. Because having a copy of the OS version in a separate device ensures that you always have a backup plan to install it or re-install it on the PC. When you have the USB installer with the El Capitan Installer in it, you no longer need the internet connection or the access to the Mac App Store to perform the upgrade.
What is createinstallmedia?
“createinstallmedia” is a unix program hidden inside the OS X Installer which is provided by the Apple Inc. to create a bootable installer drive. createinstallmedia is the ideal and the easier to use tool if you are comfortable to use the terminal. This is only available for the OS versions of Lion (OS X 10.7) and above.
System and Hardware Requirements for El Capitan Installer
- iMac models from mid 2007 or later
- MacBook models from late 2008 or later
- MacBook Pro models from mid 2007 or later
- MacBook Air models from late 2008 or later
- Mac mini models from early 2009 or later
- Mac Pro models from early 2008 or later
- Xserve models from early 2009
- OS X v10.6.8 or later
- 2GB of memory
- 8.8GB of available storage
- Some features require an Apple ID (terms apply)
- Some features require a compatible Internet service provider (fees may apply)
01. What is the best method to install El Capitan?
You can either use the default method to upgrade install or clean install methods to get El Capitan Installer but, without any doubt, Clean Install is the best method to upgrade your Mac OS. I hope all the above facts prove that.
02. How to save previous data when upgrading the OS X?
Simply, take a backup by using the Time Machine.
- Open the Time Machine app.
- Click on the ‘Select Backup Disk’.
- Select the external drive or internal location where you want to save the files.
- Click on the ‘On’ to turn on the Time Machine.
- Click on the Arrow Clock icon in the Finder Bar at the top of your screen and select ‘Backup Now’.
03. Is it secure to install El Capitan without Apple Store?
Mac Os X Lion 10.7.5 Upgrade To High Sierra
No, it is not safe to get El Capitan Installer outsider of the Apple Store. It is only safe to get this OS upgrade from the Mac App Store. Besides, there is no such external place to get this OS upgrade. I have provided the steps to install El Capitan in the above of this site. Just follow those steps and upgrade your Mac PC to the El Capitan.