- Now your bootable USB disk is ready. Remove it from the system. Step 7: Checking your newly created bootable USB disk. Once you have completed the mammoth task of creating a live USB of USB in Mac OS X, it is time to test your efforts. Plugin the bootable USB and reboot the system.
- USB Bootable Software 1. When it comes to creating bootable USB drives in Windows, Rufus is the best, free, open-source, and easy-to-use software. Rufus not only lets you create bootable USB for different kinds of operating systems but you can also use it to flash BIOS, firmware, and run low-level utilities.
- Mac Software Create Bootable Usb
- Mac Software Bootable Usb Flash Drive
- Mac Disk Utility Bootable Usb
- Mac Software Bootable Usb Bootable
Mac Software Create Bootable Usb
Creating a MemTest86 bootable USB Flash drive in Linux/Mac
There are 2 Methods to Create a Bootable USB drive of Mac OS on your Windows PC. Method 1: Using TransMac. Download TransMac’s latest version for Windows from this link. Connect your USB drive; Right Click on your USB drive option in TransMac and select Format Disk for Mac; After that, right-click the USB Drive and select Restore with Disk Image.
- Download the current Memtest86 package as a Zip file from this page.
- Unzip the file. Inside the Zip there is a 'disk image' file. For the free edition of MemTest86, this file is called, memtest86-usb.img
- Insert a USB flash drive into a USB slot. It needs to be at least 512MB in size.
Warning: The contents will be overwritten in the next steps.
- Determine which device the USB drive is assigned as by opening the Terminal and typing the following command. Don't get this wrong as you don't want to overwrite the wrong drive.
- Unmount all volumes on the USB drive by typing the following command:
diskutil unmountDisk <device_name>In the example above the device name is /dev/disk2
- As the root user, use the 'dd' command to write the image to the USB drive. For example,
sudo dd if=<input_file> of=<device_name> bs=4m
Note: For Ubuntu, the bs=4M must be capitalised.where:
<device_name> is the device the USB key is assigned to. Use the base device (ie. /dev/disk2) not a partition designation (ie. /dev/disk2s1). bs= block size of data transfer. Larger block sizes are faster.
<input_file> is the file path for the input image file. (E.g: ~/Downloads/memtest86-usb.img)
Warning: all data on the USB key will be lost.
3rd warning! Make sure that the device used in the dd command above is correct. The consequence of picking the wrong drive are potentially disastrous. Total and compete data loss from your hard drive, if you overwrite the wrong drive.
- When finished, Reboot your On a Mac, you need to hold down the ALT / Option key on the Mac keyboard while powering on the machine to boot from USB.
On newer Macs from 2019(*) with the Apple T2 Security Chip, you may need to change the SecureBoot settings for MemTest86 to boot. Please see the following page for instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208330
(*) These Mac computers have the Apple T2 Security Chip:
- iMac introduced in 2020
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro introduced in 2019
- Mac Mini introduced in 2018
- MacBook Air introduced in 2018 or later
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2018 or later
Allow booting from external drives and allow booting from non-apple software:
- Download the Best USB Bootable Software
- Two Ways to Create a Bootable USB
- First and Foremost - Create a Portable Windows USB Disk
- Guide - Create a WinPE-based USB Disk
Download the Best USB Bootable Software
EaseUS Todo Backup is recommended here as the best USB bootable software, plus an essential bootable USB creation tool for personal users and companies. It's all-in-one software that integrates both bootable USB and ISO image together, which facilitates users to create portable Windows 7/8/10 that greatly reduce worry in case of an unexpected system failure, crash and similar disasters that cause a complete shutdown.
With EaseUS Windows backup software, customers can gain the following benefits:
|Software Name||Primary Functions||Competitive Advantages|
|EaseUS Todo Backup|
1. Backup and recovery for disk/partition, data, files, folders, operating system, mail, exchange, etc.
2. Disk/partition clone, OS migration to HDD/SSD.
3. Transfer system to dissimilar hardware.
4. Create USB portable Windows.
5. Create Linux/WinPE-based bootable USB stick.
1. A great combination of creating a bootable Windows USB drive and a bootable backup drive.
2. An official, lightweight, easy-to-use and effective bootable USB creation tool that allows even less experienced users to have a try.
3. Automatically detect the USB drive and help format the drive to the required FAT32 file system.
Two Ways to Create a Bootable USB
With the help of the EaseUS Windows backup software, you are able to create a bootable USB drive in two ways.
- Easily create a portable Windows USB that contains system and user files.
- Simply create a WinPE-based bootable USB stick that can only boot into EaseUS Todo Backup.
Follow the step-by-step guide below, and make your own bootable USB drive with the amazing bootable USB creator.
First and Foremost - Create a Portable Windows USB Disk
Creating a portable USB is your very first choice. All you need to do is download the useful system cloning tool and clone the operating system to your portable device.
During the system cloning process, you can create a portable USB drive. You can boot Windows from the USB drive anytime if you're trying to restore a crashed system even the computer did not install EaseUS Todo Backup software.
Step 1. Launch EaseUS Todo Backup. Expand the menu and click 'System Clone' in the lower position.
Step 2. On the 'System clone' window, the software will choose the system partition and boot partition by default. Just Choose the USB drive as the destination disk.
Click on 'Advanced options' and then 'Create Portable Windows USB drive'. Click 'OK'.
Download create-bootable-installer-for-os-x-el-capitan.sh to the USB drive Boot into Recovery Mode Insert the USB drive. The simplest way to create a boot USB drive is to download DiskMaker X and use it to create your drive. Generally, the latest version supports only the latest version of macOS; if you want to install something older than macOS High Sierra, check the list of older versions and download one that’s compatible with your chosen operating system. Universal USB installer aka UUI is comparable to Rufus in respect to performance and compatibility. UUI is a tool designed by Lance specifically for Linux based distributions, although it also works greatly in flashing Windows ISO images too. The flashing speed is also quick and it can easily create bootable USB drives within a few minutes. Download yosemite bootable usb. To create bootable USB from ISO, some of you may choose to use USB bootable software like Rufus. It is thought as one of best, free, open-source and easy-to-use Windows 10 USB tool since it can create bootable USB for different kinds of operating systems. Step 1: Start USB bootable software free download for all Windows. Here, go to get Rufus. Create a bootable USB drive for macOS X versions including El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur.
Click 'Proceed'. The software will start immediately cloning the default partitions of your desktop/laptop to the USB drive. After the cloning process is over, you can safely plug the USB drive out.
Step 3. To boot the cloned system from the USB drive on other Windows devices, just connect the drive to the device. After the connection, wait for the computer configuring system settings and you will finally arrive at the desktop screen that's exactly the same with that of the cloned system.
Put the 'username' and 'password' of the cloned system. You should now successfully enter the cloned system.
Guide - Create a WinPE-Based USB Disk
If you don't want to clone your system to the external device, just want to export the data on the computer, you are advised to create an emergency disk with EaseUS Todo Backup.
By this means, you are only allowed to boot into EaseUS Todo Backup even when your computer or laptop cannot boot as usual. Once you boot into this backup software, you can back up data to an external device or copy files without Windows. Let's see how to create this WinPE disk.
1. Prepare a USB drive which can be written and read.
2. Launch and install EaseUS Todo Backup on the Computer B
3. Open the tool and click Tools - Create Emergency Disk.
4. Select 'Create WinPE emergency disk'.
Mac Software Bootable Usb Flash Drive
5. Select a bootable media type: here we choose USB drive.
Mac Disk Utility Bootable Usb
Mac Software Bootable Usb Bootable
6. Click Proceed to create a bootable disk.