Sony has released firmware version 4.00 for the Sony a7III, this is now the latest firmware for the a7III.
Please update the latest firmware to enhance the product's performance. 1.1.0 Update IMPROVED macOS Catalina 10.15 support and strengthened security. Torrent ipados. DL-BZ5 Features: Standard, Keyless Entry, Security System Compatible with ADS-ALCA, ADS-BLADE AL Last update: Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
Firmware v4.00 Benefits and Improvements
- Adds new features of FTP transfer
- Allows you to transfer still images during shoot and playback operations.
- Adds the following FTP transfer functions:
- Allows you to narrow down the transfer target, such as protected images or non-transferred images, and transfer the images together as a batch.
- Allows you to transfer only the image being played back by pressing the custom key.
- Allows you to transfer all images automatically while shooting.
- Allows you to select the setting to transfer both RAW file and JPEG taken in RAW+JPEG format to an FTP server.
- Update the destination folder configuration.
- Allows you to register up to nine FTP servers. (Previous was up to 3)
- Allows you to change the destination folder configuration on the FTP server:
- Save image data directly under the folder that you choose.
- Register the media card slot number in the folder configuration.
- Register the folder configuration same as your camera.
- Improved operability of FTP transfer function.
- Allows you to set items under Server Setting by using the smartphone application Transfer & Tagging add-on.
- Improves the overall stability of the camera.
In my Sony a7III Memory Card Guide where I speed tested a number of SD cards in-camera, I noticed that the Sony SF-G Tough UHS-II SD Cards were not writing uncompressed raw files as fast as they should have been with firmware v3.10. I’ve now run my tests again with v4.00 and the write speeds have increased from 107.27MB/s to 132.50MB/s, but this is still short of the 147.53MB/s achieved by the now obsolete Sony SF-G UHS-II SD Cards (the none Tough version). So something has definitely been tweaked here even though Sony has not specifically mentioned it.
You can download the latest firmware from your local Sony support website. The below links will take you to the correct page to download the firmware. Make sure that you download the correct firmware for your computer (Windows or Mac) and read the installation instructions.
For Mac users only macOS 10.14, 10.15 and 11 are supported. I tried with 10.15.7 and it kept disconnecting my wireless keyboard and mount on my iMac. I then tried with 10.15.6 on my MacBook and it worked after I updated the the Sony Camera Driver. Unfortunately the Sony Camera Driver is not supported yet with Apple M1 chips.
For Windows users 10 and 8.1 are supported.
Make sure your camera battery is fully charged and also use the USB cable supplied with the camera, other cables may not work.
It took around 20 minutes to update this firmware on my a7III. This is the longest I’ve ever known a firmware update to take!
Sony a7III Forum & Facebook Group
Mac Os Firmware Update Error
If you are looking for further help and advice on the a7III or would simply like to share your photos, then please head over to our friendly Sony a7III Forum. If you prefer Facebook then I also run the Sony a7III Shooters Group.