In 2016, with the release of macOS 10.12 Sierra, the name was changed from OS X to macOS to streamline it with the branding of Apple's other primary operating systems: iOS, watchOS, and tvOS. 49 macOS 10.12 Sierra's main features are the introduction of Siri to macOS, Optimized Storage, improvements to included applications, and greater. MacOS Catalina 10.15; macOS Mojave 10.14; macOS High Sierra 10.13; macOS Sierra 10.12; Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11; Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10; Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9; Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8; Mac OS X Lion 10.7; Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6; Mac OS X Leopard 10.5; Mac OS X Tiger 10.4; Windows Server. Windows Server 2019; Windows Server 2016.
Apple uses its App Store to distribute its software, like new Mac operating systems. It’s convenient, but sometimes it can take a while for a download to finish. And if you have multiple Macs, it’s inefficient to download the new OS to each and every Mac.
That’s why I like to make a bootable external drive for the sole purpose of installing the Mac operating system. When I need to tend to a bunch of Macs, it’s much faster to use a bootable drive instead of going to each Mac, launching the App Store, searching for the operating system, downloading it (after entering my Apple ID), and then running the installer.
You can create a bootable USB flash drive with the macOS Sierra installer that’s now available. The installer software will take up nearly 5GB of storage space. Here’s how to create a bootable macOS Sierra installer drive.
Download the macOS Sierra installer
Launch the App Store app, then look for macOS Sierra in the store. (Here’s a link.) Click on the Download button, and your Mac will download the installer to your Applications folder. If it automatically launches after download, quit the installer.
If you’ve already upgraded your Mac to Sierra, the installer is removed from the Applications folder. You can download it again if you go to Purchased in the App Store. Look for macOS Sierra in the list of apps that you’ve bought, and click on the Download button. If it automatically launches after download, quit the installer.
Get an external drive
You can use a USB flash drive or a hard drive with room for the installer software. I’ve used different drives with success, including a VisionTek 120GB USB 3.0 Pocket Solid State Drive ($83 on Amazon) and an old 8GB Iomega Micro Mini Hard Drive.
Don’t worry if the drive isn’t formatted for the Mac. The drive will be reformatted automatically as part of the process. Change the name of your drive to Untitled; you need to do this for the steps below.
The quick and easy way
The process detailed below involves the Terminal. If your really don’t want to use Terminal, there are a couple of free apps you can use.
- Install Disk Creator is a straightforward way to create a boot disk. I was able to make a macOS Sierra external USB boot disk in a few minutes, and the installation worked without a hitch. Also works with older versions of OS X.
- Diskmaker X is a popular app. It also supports older versions of OS X.
Use the Terminal to create a boot disk
So you have your external drive, and the Sierra beta installer is in place. Now you’re going to use Terminal to create a boot drive. If you’ve never used Terminal before, don’t worry. This is pretty easy.
Here are the steps to create a macOS Sierra beta boot disk. (Apple also has these instructions.)
- Connect the external drive to your Mac. (In the Terminal command you will use, I use
Untitledto represent your external drive. If your drive is named something else, you need to change
Untitledto the name of your drive.)
- Launch Terminal (/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app).
- Copy the following:
sudo /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/Untitled --applicationpath /Applications/Install macOS Sierra.app
- Go back to Terminal and paste the copied code at the prompt.
- Terminal will ask for a password. This is your user password. Terminal doesn’t display characters when you type it in. Hit Return.
- Terminal will tell you that it will erase your drive. To confirm that you want to continue, type Y and hit Return.
- You’ll see that Terminal erases your drive. When that part is done, your Mac may ask you if you want to use the drive for Time Machine. Click Don’t Use.
- Terminal will copy the installer file to your drive. This will take a few minutes.
- After copying, Terminal is done. You should see Terminal display a “Copy complete” and Done notice. You can quit Terminal and your drive is ready for use.
How to boot from the installer drive
- Plug your external drive into your Mac.
- Power up (or restart) your Mac. Press down on the Option key while the Mac boots.
- After a few moments, your Mac should display the Startup Manager, which will show you the available boot drives. Click on the external drive and hit Return. (You don’t need to select a network to proceed.)
- Your Mac will display an OS X Utilites window. If you want to install Sierra and leave the data intact, select Install OS X. If you want to start over and wipe out the data, you need to go into Disk Utility to reformat the internal drive first, and then install macOS Sierra.
MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 dmg for mac free download full version. MacOS Sierra 10.12.1(16B2555/16B2557) offline installer complete setup for mac OS with direct link.
Description MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 Dmg For Mac + Overview
macOS sierra 10.12.1 boasts the security and stability of your mac and can provide different enhancements and upgrades. this update addresses a hassle that would purpose messages dialogue to obligatory to be indexed out of order. macOS sierra 10.12 liberates the third most important replace to the operating gadget to be had for apple’s macs. it is able to come over a month after the discharge of macos excessive sierra 10.12.1 and a bit over a week after a macOS sierra 10.12.1. also, it gives an extra replace which added special fixes for the specter exposure. it is a reliable OS that gives a spread of upgrades the improves the performance of the OS.
This replace gives additional rigs for the specter and meltdown exposure that were determined and proclaimed inside the early January and to start with stubborn in macOS sierra 10.12. we also realize that the update decided a Trojan horse that allowed the app save menu within the system alternatives to be unlocked with any password. apart from these enhancements, apple’s launch notes say that the replace fixes special issues that could cause messages issues. every other function that has been poor is apfs for fusion drives. in end, it’s miles a reliable and strong operating system with a spread of improvements and extraordinary new functions.
MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 Features Full Version for Mac OS X
Some interesting features of MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 listed below that you experienced after download dmg of MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 for mac.
- Stable macOS release with better security and stability of the system.
- Boast the Voice-over navigation when spying PDF documents in Preview.
- Different security and other enhancements.
- Ability to raise the compatibility with certain third-party USB audio devices.
- Developers can create the harmony of Braille displays with Mail.
MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 Dmg Setup Details
- Product: macOS_Sierra_10.12.1.dmg Mac
- Size of App: 4.5 GB
- Dmg Version: 10.12.1
- Setup Extension: dmg
- Tools for dmg needed: None
System Requirements of MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 for Mac OS X
Macos Sierra 10.12.6.dmg
Must read listed system requirement for your Apple mac book before download this app.
- Operating System: OS X 10.8 or later
- Ram (Memory): 2 GB Minimum required for this dmg.
- Disk Space: 14 GB free space needed for this app.
- System Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or later (Core i3, Core i5).
Macos Sierra 10.12.2
Download Free MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 Mac Dmg
Click on the button below to start downloading MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 for mac OS X. We are here to provide to clean and fast download for MacOS Sierra 10.12 dmg (16a323). This link is resume able within 24 hours. Keep visiting themacgo the world of dmgs.