MacOS High Sierra 10.13 can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion Safari downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the.pkg installer inside the disk image.
|Written in||C (core), C++, Java (UI)|
|Source model||Closed source with Free software parts|
|Latest release||3.0 for ARM devices, 3.0.207 for PCs / November 25, 2016; 4 years ago|
|Marketing target||PC, tablets|
|Platforms||IA-32, x86-64, ARM|
|Official website||www.jide.com/en/remixos[dead link]|
|Unsupported as of July 17, 2017|
- If your Mac is using an earlier version of any Mac operating system, you should install the latest Apple software updates, which can include important security updates and updates for the apps that are installed by macOS, such as Safari, Books, Messages, Mail, Music, Calendar, and Photos.
- Download Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer; Python 3.6.0 - Dec. Download Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer; Python 2.7.13 - Dec. Download Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer; Download Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer; Python 3.4.5 - June 27, 2016. No files for this release. Python 3.5.2 - June 27, 2016. Download Mac OS X 32-bit.
Remix OS was a computer operating system for personal computers with x86 and ARM architectures that, prior to discontinuation of development, shipped with a number of 1st- and 3rd-party devices. Remix OS allowed PC users to run Androidmobile apps on any compatible Intel-based PC.
In January 2016 Jide announced a Beta version of their operating system called Remix OS for PC, which is based on Android-x86 — a x86-port of the Android operating system — and available for download for free from their website. The beta version of Remix OS for PC brings hard drive installation, 32-bit support, UEFI support and OTA updates. Except for the free software licensed parts available on GitHub, unlike Android-x86, the source code of Remix OS is not available to the public.
|Defunct||July 17, 2017 (original)|
|Fate||Shift from consumer products|
|Products||Remix OS operating system|
Remix OS desktop computers
Remix OS tablet devices
Google Mobile Services (GMS) were removed from the Remix Mini after Remix OS Update: 3.0.207 which Jide claimed was to 'ensure a consistent experience across all Android devices for all.' Later comments suggest that there was a compatibility issue with some apps which resulted in Google requesting that GMS not be pre-loaded.
On July 17, 2017, Jide announced that development of Remix OS for PC, as well as related consumer products in development, was being discontinued, stating that the company would be 'restructuring [their] approach to Remix OS and transitioning away from the consumer space'.
PhoenixOS and PrimeOS. are similar Android-x86 based operating systems developed by other companies independently.
There were three versions of Remix OS: Remix OS for PC, Remix OS for Remix Ultratablet and Remix OS for Remix Mini:
Remix OS for PC:
|3.0.207||November 25, 2016|
|3.0.206||October 12, 2016|
|3.0.203||September 1, 2016|
|3.0.102||August 2, 2016|
|3.0.101||July 26, 2016|
|2.0.403||July 15, 2016|
|2.0.402||July 5, 2016|
|2.0.205||April 26, 2016|
|2.0.202||March 31, 2016|
|2.0.102||February 2, 2016|
|2.0.109||January 25, 2016|
|2.0.626||November 11, 2016|
|2.0.621||November 4, 2016|
|2.0.611||October 12, 2016|
|2.0.604||September 22, 2016|
|2.0.510||August 9, 2016|
|2.0.307||May 5, 2016|
|2.0.206||April 21, 2016|
|2.0.203||March 17, 2016|
|2.0.111||January 19, 2016|
|2.0.106||December 30, 2015|
|2.0.104||December 16, 2015|
|B2015111701||November 27, 2015|
|B2015110601||November 18, 2015|
|B2015110201||November 12, 2015|
A Remix OS 3.0 device, the Remix Pro 2-in-1 tablet, had been announced in 2016, however, these will no longer be made.
Due to the popularity and affordability of the OS in Asia, similar projects have been made by various firms. Most notably PhoenixOS by the Chinese-based Chaozhuo Technology, and PrimeOS by the Indian-based Floydwiz Technologies Private Limited.
Just like RemixOS, both are pre-dominantly closed source, with a lot of improved features intended to improve and optimise both OS's for newer applications and PC's.Install mac os mojave from usb.
Projects like OPENTHOS and BlissOS intend to release the project with open source in mind, but OPENTHOS is restricted to only Chinese Markets at the moment, and BlissOS is based on Android-x86.
- ^'Android Code Analysis'. Retrieved June 6, 2012.
- ^'Remix OS, the Android Desktop OS, Is Discontinued'. OMGUbuntu!. Ohso Ltd. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- ^ ab'Remix OS for PC'. Jide.com. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- ^Ravenscraft, Eric (January 12, 2016). 'RemixOS Brings Desktop-Style Android to Intel-Based PCs'. Lifehacker. Gawker Media.
- ^Condliffe, Jamie (January 8, 2016). 'Remix OS for PC Puts Android on Virtually Any Old Computer for Free'. Gizmodo. Gawker Media.
- ^Merriman, Chris (January 13, 2016). 'Android Remix OS will be free to all'. The Inquirer. Incisive Business Media.
- ^'JideTechnology GitHub page'. JideTechnology. JideTechnology. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- ^Apte, Pratik (April 27, 2016). 'Remix OS Launched , Install Android On Any PC'.
- ^How to Install Remix OS on your PC: Android on PC
- ^Remix os Is Windows And Android Remix Read More About It. Remix-osArchived 2016-04-03 at the Wayback Machine
- ^'Remix OS Update 2-0-307'. Jide Help Center. Jide. 2016-05-05.
- ^'Jide removes Google Mobile Services from Remix OS'. www.facebook.com. Jide. 2016-05-06. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- ^'Remix Mini Users Will Lose Access To Google Play If They Install The Latest Remix OS Update'. TechCabal. 2016-05-09.
- ^'Jide - Creator of The World's First True Android PC'. www.jide.com. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- ^'Jide Technology shifting away from consumer market, Remix OS discontinued'. Android Police. 2017-07-17. Retrieved 2017-11-19.
- ^ ab'Phoenix OS - Phoenix OS'. www.phoenixos.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- ^ abc'PrimeOS'. primeos.in. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- ^'[Remix OS for PC] Update: 3.0.207 – How can we help?'. support.jide.com. Retrieved 2016-11-25.
- ^ abcRemix OS - Browse Files at SourceForge.net
- ^'A message from Jide:'. Jide. Jide Technology Co., Ltd. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- ^'About Us - Phoenix OS'. www.phoenixos.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- ^'Phoenix OS - Phoenix OS'. www.phoenixos.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- ^'OPENTHOS'. www.openthos.com. Retrieved 2019-04-10.
- ^'Bliss OS'. www.blissos.org. Retrieved 2020-06-09.
- ^'Installation Guide'. www.blissroms.com. Retrieved 2020-06-09.
To get the latest features and maintain the security, stability, compatibility, and performance of your Mac, it's important to keep your software up to date. Apple recommends that you always use the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac.
Learn how to upgrade to macOS Big Sur, the latest version of macOS.
If a macOS installer can't be used on your Mac, the installer will let you know. For example, it might say that it's too old to be opened on this version of macOS, or that your Mac doesn't have enough free storage space for the installation.
To confirm compatibility before downloading, check the minimum requirements for macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, or Yosemite. You can also find compatibility information on the product-ID page for MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, or Mac Pro.
Make a backup
Before installing, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
Mac Os 10 13
It takes time to download and install macOS, so make sure that you're plugged into AC power and have a reliable internet connection.
Os 10.13 System Requirements
Safari uses these links to find the old installers in the App Store. After downloading from the App Store, the installer opens automatically.
- macOS Catalina 10.15 can upgrade Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks
- macOS Mojave 10.14 can upgrade High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
- macOS High Sierra 10.13 can upgrade Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion
Safari downloads the following older installers as a disk image named InstallOS.dmg or InstallMacOSX.dmg. Open the disk image, then open the .pkg installer inside the disk image. It installs an app named Install [Version Name]. Open that app from your Applications folder to begin installing the operating system.
- macOS Sierra 10.12 can upgrade El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, or Lion
- OS X El Capitan 10.11 can upgrade Yosemite, Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
- OS X Yosemite 10.10can upgrade Mavericks, Mountain Lion, Lion, or Snow Leopard
Follow the onscreen instructions in the installer. It might be easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
If the installer asks for permission to install a helper tool, enter the administrator name and password that you use to log in to your Mac, then click Add Helper.
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs macOS and related firmware updates.
Os 10 13
You might also be able to use macOS Recovery to reinstall the macOS you're using now, upgrade to the latest compatible macOS, or install the macOS that came with your Mac.