Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your websites or web applications.
It performs 'black-box' scans (it does not study the source code) of the web application by crawling the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data.
Once it gets the list of URLs, forms and their inputs, Wapiti acts like a fuzzer, injecting payloads to see if a script is vulnerable.
The web-application vulnerability scanner. Wapiti allows you to audit the security of your websites or web applications. It performs 'black-box' scans (it does not study the source code) of the web application by crawling the webpages of the deployed webapp, looking for scripts and forms where it can inject data. Deprecated since version 3.7: In case x does not fit in 16-bit unsigned integer, but does fit in a positive C int, it is silently truncated to 16-bit unsigned integer. This silent truncation feature is deprecated, and will raise an exception in future versions of Python.
What's new in Wapiti 3.0.4 ? Take a look here.
Wapiti can detect the following vulnerabilities :
- File disclosure (Local and remote include/require, fopen, readfile..)
- Database Injection (PHP/JSP/ASP SQL Injections and XPath Injections)
- XSS (Cross Site Scripting) injection (reflected and permanent)
- Command Execution detection (eval(), system(), passtru()..)
- CRLF Injection (HTTP Response Splitting, session fixation..)
- XXE (XML External Entity) injection
- SSRF (Server Side Request Forgery)
- Use of know potentially dangerous files (thanks to the Nikto database)
- Weak .htaccess configurations that can be bypassed
- Presence of backup files giving sensitive information (source code disclosure)
- Shellshock (aka Bash bug)
- Open Redirects
- Uncommon HTTP methods that can be allowed (PUT)
- CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery)
- Basic CSP Evaluator
- Brute Force login form (using a dictionary list)
- Cheking HTTP security headers
- Checking cookie security flags (secure and httponly flags)
A buster module also allows to brute force directories and files names on the target webserver.
A wapp module retrieves web technologies with versions and categories in use on the target.
Wapiti supports both GET and POST HTTP methods for attacks.
It also supports multipart forms and can inject payloads in filenames (upload).
Warnings are raised when an anomaly is found (for example 500 errors and timeouts)
Wapiti is able to make the difference beetween permanent and reflected XSS vulnerabilities.
General features :
- Generates vulnerability reports in various formats (HTML, XML, JSON, TXT..)
- Can suspend and resume a scan or an attack (session mechanism using sqlite3 databases)
- Can give you colors in the terminal to highlight vulnerabilities
- Different levels of verbosity
- Fast and easy way to activate/deactivate attack modules
- Adding a payload can be as easy as adding a line to a text file
- Support HTTP, HTTPS and SOCKS5 proxies
- Authentication via several methods : Basic, Digest, Kerberos, NTLM or GET/POST on login forms
- Ability to restrain the scope of the scan (domain, folder, page, url)
- Automatic removal of one are more parameters in URLs
- Multiple safeguards against scan endless-loops (ifor example, limit of values for a parameter)
- Possibility to set the first URLs to explore (even if not in scope)
- Can exclude some URLs of the scan and attacks (eg: logout URL)
- Import of cookies (get them with the wapiti-getcookie tool)
- Can activate / deactivate SSL certificates verification
- Extract URLs from Flash SWF files
- HTML5 aware (understand recent HTML tags)
- Several options to control the crawler behavior and limits.
- Skipping some parameter names during attack.
- Setting a maximum time for the scan process.
- Adding some custom HTTP headers or setting a custom User-Agent.
Wapiti is a command-line application.
Here is an exemple of output against a vulnerable web application.
You may find some useful informations in the README and the INSTALL files.
Have any questions ? You may find answers in the FAQ.
or install it easily using PIP: Zoom audio device mac download cnet.
UsageShortest way (with default options) to launch a Wapiti scan :
Osx Python 3 Pip
Every option is detailed in the wapiti(1) manpage.
Wapiti also comes with an utility to fetch cookies from websites called wapiti-getcookie. The corresponding manpage is here.
Mac Osx Python 3
Os X Python 3
Wapiti is released under the GNU General Public License version 2 (the GPL).