Welcome to Mr. Macintosh.com. If you are part of one of the following groups, Mac Admins, Mac Support, Mac Developer, Mac in Education or Mac User, then this is the site for you. Each group is important, yet has different needs.
Update your Slack status. When you set a status in Slack, you'll see your status emoji appear next to your name. Other members can see your status emoji anywhere they can see your full or display name, and they can view your full status either in your profile or when they hover over your status emoji on desktop. If you don’t select a status. Resizing and Hiding the Slack Sidebar. Slack also has a few small resizing options you should know about, which can come in handy when you want to maximize screen real estate. Press Ctrl + Shift + D on Windows or Command + Shift + D on a Mac to collapse or show the sidebar. You can also click and drag the edge of the sidebar to set how wide it is.
- Mac Admin = This tag is for anyone in who is in Macintosh Architecture, Engineering, System Administration, or MDM Administrators.
- Mac Support = Someone who supports or fixes Macintosh issues. This group includes anyone who works in a Macintosh Helpdesk role. You could be level 1-3 or even a Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Team Lead or Management.
- Mac in Education = This group is for anyone working in K-12 or Higher Education. You could be a teacher, Helpdesk Analyst, or Administrator.
- Mac Developer = A Mac Developer, covers anyone who develops software on the Mac, including macOS iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
- Mac User = This could be anyone who uses a Mac. You want to learn more about how the Mac works. You could be an everyday user, enterprise user, student, collector, or even an enthusiast.
Update Slack On Mac
I have at one time or another been a part of 4 of 5 groups. I started as a Mac User when I got my first Mac (Blue and White PowerMac G3). Then I got my first job in Mac EDU (Mac Higher Education). After that, I moved on to Mac Support (Mac Enterprise IT Support). Today I am a member of Mac Admins (Macintosh Architecture & Engineering).
If you are just getting started and are thinking of getting into a career supporting Apple devices, knowledge and learning is critical. Read and learn as much as you can along the way. Apple wallet mac.
Slack Update Mac Catalina
Be sure to check out my latest blog posts! If you have any comments or questions, feel free to contact me. Thank you for visiting my website.